Thursday 14 April 2016

LO4 - Testing the Game

Alpha Test
I ran this test in editor mode to have a good idea of what the level will look like, but so that there is no lag during the test, therefor the quality of textures is considerably lower than the final game Thence the jagged edges around shapes.) This is a test of the game's jumping mechanics, respawn system and to test that the entire level is playable. From this test I found that I need more death barriers underneath the map in order to force the player to respawn when they fall off a platform.

Beta Test
I ran this test in preview mode to prevent lag during the test, therefore the quality of the game is low for this test. This is a test of the game's fluidity to esure that each platform is the perfect size and distance to challenge the player but allow them to get used to the controls of the game before progressing onto more difficult levels. From this test I found that the game is playable and that I had solved all of the issues with death barriers. It also allowed me to check that each of the platforms had a texture before I exported the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment